Dubai, the hottest holiday destination in the Middle East, holds many memories. Over the past 40 years, this region faced many changes, infrastructure-wise.
Even politically, the gulf region holds an alliance of 7 nations to form the United Arab Emirates. So, this alliance allows the seven nations to share trade, policies, and culture.
We believe the United Arab Emirates National Day is justified because of its rich history.
If you don’t know how to celebrate and honor the occasion, refer to our suggestions to help you!
When is UAE National Day 2022?
People celebrate UAE National Day on December 2nd annually. The day calls for celebrations of the region’s prosperity arising from the long-running truce.
United Arab Emirates Day History
Gaining importance as the land of oil, the Middle East was consequently the land of opportunities.
Such immense potential was worth pennies to the existing Arabian tribe, which had major conflicts.
With its status as the trade route between the adjacent continents, the world had its eyes set on the UAE.
Fortunately, the British intervened. This period marked intensive oil exploration activities, then the British withdrew. The tribes made peace with each other in 1971.
The richest man, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan assumed the region’s presidency.
Since then, United Arab Emirates National Day is celebrated on December 2nd yearly!
4 Fun Ways to Celebrate 51st United Arab Emirates National Day
You can join the celebrations of the National Day of UAE by participating in the following activities:
Travel to Explore UAE
Visit your dream destination and mark your calendars to celebrate the hottest event in this area. You can visit many beautiful places to honor the truce.
Miracle Garden, Sheikh Zayed Mosque, Film City, and Dubai Mall are the marvels of the development arising from this alliance.
You can also wait for the Dubai Waterworks show that happens each eve. If you do not make it to the first show, cheer up! It happens at regular intervals multiple times.
Burj Khalifa lights up for such occasions to display LED works.
Post UAE National Day Online
Do you want to let your friends join the festivities? Do you witness marvels that would be unbelievable without evidence? You could simply have met your favorite celebrity.
If yes, simply whip out your camera and share a few clicks. Do not forget to use the hashtag #UAENationalDay!
Have UAE Food
The authenticity of this Middle Eastern cuisine cedes tracks from ancient Arabia. It is home to different dates, steak houses, and continental food chains.
Mandis exudes true Arabic culture as fatty meat melts in the mouth.
Experience Different Cultures All at Once
UAE hosts 200 nationalities in its vast lands. But a simulation of such an integrated world is often displayed in Dubai.
The Global Village and Dubai Expo are two such places.
Reasons to Love United Arab Emirates Day
If you have already been to UAE, you are convinced to go again. If not, then here are some reasons to love UAE:
UAE has the tallest skyscrapers, the most luxurious hotels, and the most extravagant cruising facilities. It is one of the places where you would want a picture at every step.
A Lot of Gold!
The gold from the gulf region holds immense value. The designs and prices are very competitive. Make sure to visit the Gold Souk to get the best deals!
Dubai Mall alone holds more than 1200 retail stores for you to shop from. This also extends to multiple Duty-Free stores where you get good deals.
Interesting Facts about the United Arab Emirates
While oil, gold, and tourist sites please many foreigners, here are some other major facts about UAE:
- UAE constitutes an alliance of 7 nations. Namely, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ajman, Al-Ain, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah and Umm al-Quwain. Ras Al Khaimah was the last to join the truce.
- This unique agreement concluded without any bloodshed!
- As of 2021, UAE’s capital city is Abu Dhabi. Currently, it is the 31st safest city in the world.
- Formerly, the cities of Sharjah and Dubai also held the status of one of the top 10 safest countries to live in.
- Surprisingly, the crime rate in Dubai alone was reported at 0.66% in 2019.
- UAE’s literacy rate stands at a around 96% in 2019. Unlike stereotypes, Emirati women enroll in higher education in huge numbers. Women account for 70% of university graduates each year.
- While your local police van may be a heavy truck or a van, UAE does it better! Their police cars are meticulously aimed at reaching high speeds with their streamlined designs. Even bikes are used!
- Dubai holds the Guinness World Record for the Tallest skyscraper, Burj Khalifa!
- UAE’s infrastructural wonders do not cap at Burj Khalifa. It holds the 6 tallest hotels in the world in Dubai.
- If the leaning tower of Pisa fascinates you, have a look at Capital Gate Building in Abu Dhabi. It leans even more!
To sum it up, UAE National Day is celebrated on December 2nd each year since 1971. This alliance between 7 nations marks 51 years of the peace treaty in 2022.
If you have not celebrated this day yet, mark your calendars for this December and book tickets!
The state offers multiple visually appealing scenic views and recreational activities for tourists. Make sure to post them with hashtags.
Lastly, we wish you a happy United Arab Emirates National Day!