Have you heard of National Umbrella Day? If not, let me fill you in. It’s a holiday that honors the selling of umbrellas.
It is a necessity in rainy seasons. They come in handy when you’re caught in the rain and when you’re out enjoying yourself at a festival or picnic.
They also make great accessories to complement your outfit. If you’re planning to celebrate this day, here is all you need to know about this day.
When is National Umbrella Day 2023?
National Umbrella Day is a holiday that falls on February 10th every year. The purpose is to celebrate all things umbrella, including owning and using them.
It’s also a day to recognize the importance of having an umbrella because you never know when it might rain.
Significance of the National Day of Umbrellas
It is the day when everyone should carry an umbrella with them. The weather can change in a blink of an eye, and you never know when it will rain. So, don’t be caught unprepared; carry an umbrella with you!
Here are a few reasons why we should celebrate Umbrella Day:
- It’s a way to show your appreciation for umbrellas.
- Creating artwork with umbrellas is a great opportunity to showcase your creativity and artistic side.
- Moreover, it’s a great way to spread awareness about environmental issues such as global warming, pollution, and other ecological problems.
- This day allows us to teach our children about being responsible citizens who care about their environment and each other by giving back to their community.
- Also, it’s an excellent way to get out of the house on a rainy day and spend time with your friends and family.
- This day is an excellent way for you to support small business owners of umbrellas and help them grow their businesses.
Fun Facts about Umbrella
It is a day that celebrates umbrellas and the people who use them. Here are some interesting facts about this special day:
- Umbrellas have more than 2,000 years of history in Chinese alone!
- In Japan, it is believed that if you see someone walking with an umbrella open and facing you on your way to work or school, you will have a bad!
- In ancient Rome, umbrellas were used as military shields against arrows and spears during battle.
- The parasol is called an umbrella in Japanese because it looks like one. Another word for the umbrella is “Sarasa” or “sakura,” which means cherry blossom flower.
- Umbrella Day marks the beginning of spring in China, where it can be rainy and cold during this time of year.
- The purpose of Umbrella Day was to remind people of the importance of proper sun protection and also to help raise awareness about skin cancer.
- Today, many people wear different kinds of umbrellas, such as folding ones or those with unusual patterns and colors.
You may also love to read about the following occasions:
5 Creative Ways to Celebrate Umbrella Day
The National Day of Umbrellas is here, and we’re celebrating with a list of top ways to rejoice!
1. Take Your Umbrella to Work
Take your umbrella to work and show it off to all your coworkers. You can also get them involved by asking them if they have an umbrella at work.
This will be a great way to start some friendly conversations and share some laughs with your coworkers.
2. Use It as an Icebreaker
Use your umbrella as an icebreaker when meeting new people. Ask them if they have an umbrella and if not, offer to share yours with them so they won’t get wet while walking through the rain.
This will be a great way to make new friends with people you don’t know very well yet or even someone from another state or country!
3. Go On a Picnic
Grab your family or friends and go on a picnic in the park or anywhere outside where it looks like it might rain!
You can enjoy each other’s company while staying warm under your umbrellas!
4. Host an Umbrella Dance Party
You can invite your friends and family to come over for a fun evening filled with dancing under umbrellas. If you don’t have enough umbrellas, you can get them from a dollar store or borrow them from local businesses and restaurants.
5. Share It on Social Media
Use Facebook and Twitter to spread the word about this day with the hashtag #NationalUmbrellaDay.
You can also use this day to raise awareness about organizations that help those in need during natural disasters like hurricanes, earthquakes, and floods.
All in all, there are plenty of reasons why you should go out and buy an umbrella.
Whether to keep the rain off or protect you from a power-mad sun, umbrellas have become a ubiquitous part of everyday life.
So don’t be caught unprepared when a storm starts brewing or you notice the scorching heat outside. Get yourself out there and snap up the best covering for your head that you can find!
With that being said, we hope that you’ve learned something today, and don’t forget to celebrate National Umbrella Day!