November 5th is recognized as National Redhead Day, where we celebrate the beauty of red hair. Red hair has always been a symbol of beauty, love, and strength. There’s something extraordinary about the way redheads look. They have this sparkly fire going through them.
National Redhead Day is meant to recognize the beauty of all shades of red hair. Moreover, there are many misconceptions about red hair. A redhead can be either a guy or a woman, but most of the time, it is a woman.
Today, we are going to talk fun facts about the Redhead. We’ll also explore the different types of redheads.
When is the National Redhead Day?
National Redhead Day will be observed on November 5th, 2021.
History of National Redhead Day
Redheads have a long and painful history. They were frequently suspected of being witches who “stole the flames of hell” in historical legend. During the Spanish Inquisition, they were burnt alive. They were also termed as “unclean” and “Children of the Satan.”
We know that all of this stereotype was rubbish, but some still last in this world. Every year on November 5th, people celebrate National Redhead Day to show their love and gratitude to redhead people and that we all are deemed equal.
Some people also celebrate by wearing or showing their red hair on social media. Whether you’re one of the redheads in the minority or the one who’s so red-hot, it’s time to get out there and strut your gorgeous red hair. Celebrate your color, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise!
The redheaded sisters Stephanie and Adrienne Vendetti should be also be appreciated this day. They came up with the idea of celebrating Redhead Day to promote awareness and help redheads feel beautiful about their hair color.
The sisters used a social media campaign to fight off derogatory terms for women with red hair. They also launched a website, ‘How To Be A Redhead,’ which is part of a series of books on hair care. They promote red hair pride through Love Your Red Hair Day.
“How to Be a Redhead” is the famous brand for redheads in the world. This unique and well-known company is proud to provide its customers with high-quality, original products made with premium ingredients.
Under the brand name “How to be a Redhead,” they also published a beauty book and a beauty monthly subscription box in 2016. H2BAR Box is a monthly beauty subscription box that includes everything needed for a perfect redhead!
If you’re a redhead, you’ll love this book because it’s filled with tips, tricks, and strategies that will help you look and feel better.
8 Interesting Facts about Redheads:
Here are some fun facts about everyone’s favorite rare gene.
- Red hair is an extremely rare genetic trait that happens when both parents carry one copy of a recessive gene that makes them red-haired.
- Only 1-2% of the world’s population have natural red hair.
- Redheaded people are known as being adventurous and fun-loving.
- They’re also known for their sense of humor and sense of style.
- Redheads are said to be more creative than anyone else.
- They are likely to be left-handed.
- Fortunately, Redheaded people are better at making Vitamin D without much sunlight exposure.
Common Myths about Redheads:
Types of Redhead color:
There are different types of Redhead, each having its unique traits.
1. Strawberry Redhead
It is a rare type of redhead color. People who live in some regions of Canada and some regions
of North America possess this color. They have light red hair that has strawberry red tones.
2. Orange Redhead:
The Orange Redhead is a red-haired person with a bright orange color.
3. Gold Redhead:
The Gold Redhead is a rare genetic type that has golden hair color.
4. Brunette Redhead:
People who have red hair that is not dark. The red hair can be a reddish-brown or a pale reddish-blond.
5. Light Redhead:
A light redhead is a redheaded person with blonde highlights.
6. Deep Redhead:
Deep redheads are red-haired people with deep red hair color. Some may even have darker red hair that is almost black.
What is Special about Redheads?
Along with all the fun facts and interesting statistics about the rare genetic trait, there is something that makes redheads special and unique.
- They’re the only people in the world who can make and maintain all-natural hair color.
- Redheads also have some of the most unique and beautiful hair colors, which is why it is one of the most popular hair colors.
- Red hair color is a rare genetic trait that has been around since ancient times.
- They have a natural sheen that many people find irresistible.
- Redheads have also been shown to have thicker hair than other people.
- In addition to its attractive appearance, red hair is also a healthy choice. The Red Hair color contains certain minerals that help protect hair from damaging factors such as heat
- and chemicals.
- Consequently, Red hair is also very flexible. It can be curled and straightened easily without damaging it. This means that red hair is easy to manage and maintain.
How to Care for Red Hair:
Red hair requires special care and attention. So, here are a few pointers to assist you to take care of your lovely red hair.
1. Naturally, Curl Your Hair:
The best thing to do when you want to care for your hair is to curl it naturally. Because curly hair has a natural sheen that makes it shine, in addition to that, it will also make it easier to manage. So, you can curl it every day.
2. Wash Your Hair Regularly:
Another essential thing to keep in mind when you want to care for your hair is to wash it regularly. Because hair naturally gets dirty from the elements like dust and dirt particles. So, it would be best if you gave it a good wash every week or two.
However, you should only use products that are meant for red hair. The reason why is because the hair color can be damaged if you use shampoo and conditioners that are not explicitly designed for your hair.
3. Never overuse Heat Styling Products:
To protect your red hair from damage, you should avoid using any heat styling tools. Because using these techniques leads your hair to lose its natural gloss and shine. So, you should use products that are specifically designed for this purpose.
4. Keep Away from the Sun:
Redheads can create Vitamin D naturally. For the same reason, you should stay away from excessive sunlight because you can be prone to getting sunburn.
5. Get Regular Trims:
At least once every three months, you should consider getting your hair cut. Because if you don’t get it trimmed regularly, it can start to look dry and damaged. So, the best way to maintain
your red hair is by getting it regularly trimmed.
6. Apply a Deep Conditioner:
If you want to make sure that you get all the moisture out of your hair, you need to use a deep conditioner. In addition to making sure that you are protecting your hair from damage, it also helps to make it easier to manage your hair.
7. Use Henna:
If you want to maintain a natural and healthy-looking appearance, you should consider applying henna to your hair. Because it is easy to apply, you won’t have to be concerned about causing any damage to your hair. It will also make your hair color look vibrant.
Famous Redhead Celebrities:
There are so many beautiful redhead celebrities in the world that have mesmerized us with their looks and talents.
Following is the list of my favorite Redhead Celebrities.
How to celebrate National Redhead Day/Love your Red Hair Day:
There are a lot of things you can do on National Redhead Day to celebrate this special day. Here are some ideas that you might want to try out:
- Get your hair done by a professional. You can choose a colorist or hairdresser.
- Go to the beach and let the waves wash away your stress and worries.
- Use #NationalRedheadDay or #LoveYourRedHairDay on Social Media and gather all your friends.
- Go out for a night in the city with your friends and family.
- Make some hot cocoa and watch some Netflix movies with your loved one.
- Throw a surprise party or give a gift to your closest Redhead.
- Dress up in red clothes and party it up with your loved ones.
In conclusion, these were some of my ways of celebrating National Redhead Day. Leave us a comment on what you are planning to do to make your loved Redhead feel special on this day.
Cheers and have a wonderful Day!
Dates of National Redhead Day: