Philanthropy is an idea turned into a movement. The desire to work for the betterment of other human beings is unique and well respected.
Many people who dedicate their time and energy to philanthropic work are rewarded with inner peace and moral satisfaction.
Their efforts are also appreciated during the celebration of National Philanthropy Day.
This is a day dedicated to showing philanthropists the love and respect they deserve for their efforts in improving our society. Let’s learn all we can about this day!
When is National Philanthropy Day 2022?
National Philanthropy day is celebrated on November 15th to recognize all the philanthropic activities of those active people who contributed to this community.
Some Historic Philanthropic Acts
Here are some of the most significant philanthropic acts in modern history.
- Over $220 million were donated with the help of social media platforms to Haiti when the massive earthquake hit in 2010.
- Chuck Feeney, one of the wealthiest men in the world and the founder of Atlantic Philanthropies, donated most of his wealth to charities. Over time, he was worth more than $8 billion and donated enough to be down to $2 million.
- Kroger, one of the biggest supermarket chains in the US, donated more than $50 million in 2007.
- In 2006, Warren Buffet donated $31 Billion to Bill Gates’ Foundation, which worked on humanitarian issues, and the multibillionaire vowed to donate most of his money to charity.
- Bill Gates is another philanthropist who decided to give most of his wealth to charities. Over time, he has given more than $75 billion to charities.
Interesting Facts about Philanthropy
There are many exciting facts about philanthropy that might surprise you. Here are some of them.
- November 15th was declared National Philanthropy Day by the president of the USA, Mr. Reagan.
- About 77 million USA citizens, almost one-third of the total population in the country, do voluntary work.
- According to studies, Myanmar is considered among the most generous country in the world, alongside the USA.
- There is a ban on supermarkets in France from throwing away unsold food items. Instead, they are forced to donate them.
- December is the most significant month of giving, followed by June.
- 70% of philanthropic work happens between individual people and their communities.
How to Observe Philanthropy Day
Here are some ideas if you’re wondering how to spend National Day Philanthropy.
Volunteer To Make It Memorable
You can volunteer, join different organizations, and become one of the helping hands of the cause.
Visit different foundations and contribute in the form of work and commitment instead of monetary assistance.
Bringing a smile to someone is the best way to celebrate this day, especially if they are having a difficult time.
Make Donations on Philanthropy Day
You can donate your old clothes, toys, or other things to those in need. Giving someone gifts or cash can make their day.
In case you cannot afford to do so, you can always do services on this day, such as teaching a skill for free or recording a lecture for them.
Post It on Social Media
You can post it on social media with the hashtag #philanthropicday #voluntary work.
Posting it on social media can create awareness among people and positively affect them.
Reasons to Love National Day of Philanthropy
Here are some reasons we all love Philanthropy Day.
Helps in Socializing
You can make new friends while celebrating this day. Finding and meeting new people with the same ideology is easy, especially when volunteering.
Many people are introduced to each other during philanthropy work and can contribute together to help the community.
Good Deeds Must Be Appreciated
Recognizing someone’s good work and appreciating them whenever possible is important. Appreciation can keep them motivated and focused on their goal.
People working for nonprofit organizations often consider appreciation and prayers as their income.
Theaurapatic for Depressed People
Philanthropic day acknowledges the individuals who are suffering from depression and need people around them.
They should understand that people around them are working hard for their betterment, and it is always possible to reach out to them for any help.
Attracts New People
Many people with little knowledge about philanthropic work get their information on philanthropy day.
This is the time of the day when philanthropy is a hot topic, and many individuals can learn new things.
Many job hunters who want to work voluntarily join the community, and there is an increase in the number of employees working for the cause.
Helps You Learn More
People can learn more about the organizations working for the welfare of the people around them.
They might develop an interest in this field and invest their money and time in good deeds and better work.
Giving back to society is just as important as anything else. Philanthropy is a selfless ideology that encourages individuals to help others in need.
We celebrate National Philanthropy Day every year for such great individuals and honor their pure intentions and efforts.
Many famous philanthropists worldwide also serve as role models for the rest of us.
We must all follow in their footsteps and make this world a better place for everyone.