National Lazy Mom’s Day – [September 2nd, 2023]
Every year on the first Friday of September, National Lazy Mom’s Day is celebrated.
Moms are no less than superheroes. They hold everything and take care of it, from home tasks to our hearts. They put effort into us every single day without a break and expectation of return.
These heroes without caps deserve a day when they can have a break from being lazy all day.
This Lazy Mom Day is dedicated to all moms to tell them we appreciate them and want them to have a rest day.
The word MOM holds so many sentiments. Let’s find out all about the finest creation on the planet.
When is National Lazy Mom’s Day?
National Lazy Mom’s Day is every year, observed on the first Friday of September. This year it will be celebrated on September 2, 2022.
Purpose of Lazy Moms Day
Every year this national day is celebrated globally. It is dedicated to moms so that they can have a well-deserved break from their daily rituals.
If kids are reading this, pitch in and give your mom a day off!
Similar Event: How to Celebrate Single Working Women’s Day
National Lazy Moms Day has no known origins or history. No one knows who came up with the brilliant idea to make this a “day,” but I greatly admire the line of thought.
Lazy Mom’s Day is the ideal occasion, whether you are already a lazy mom or just wish to put all your obligations on hold for the day and become one.
It is meant to encourage them in everything they do on a daily basis by giving them a day off.
Isn’t that fantastic? This holiday is becoming increasingly popular among mothers all over the world.
From taking a long bath to binge-watching television, today is the day to unwind and do something for yourself.
Show by your actions how lucky you are to have them and how much you appreciate all their efforts for your family.
All moms want to listen to this every now and then because it’s easy to feel neglected when you spend your days doing things for others.
Fun Facts About Mothers and Motherhood:
As much as our mothers our loveable, there are many interesting facts about them. Mothers are unique in a beautiful way, and there are many amazing facts about them and motherhood.
Let’s have a look:
- Mothers, if either left or right-handed, prefer to carry their babies on the left side of their bodies.
- Maternal love manifests itself as a strong and instinctive force very early in pregnancy, forming a solid and lifelong bond between mother and child.
- By the time a child reaches the age of two, the average mother will have to change approximately 7,300 diapers.
- The ‘ma‘ sound is generally the first sound a baby vocalizes. So, it stands to reason that the word for mother starts with the letter ‘M’ or is some variant of the’ma’ sound in almost every language.
- From inside the womb, babies can hear their mother’s voice (Aww, such love)
- The United States has approximately 82.5 million mothers, the world has over 2 billion, and an estimated 4.3 babies are born every second. Around 2% of those mothers in the United States have adopted.
- In September 1955, Signora Carmelina Fedele gave birth to the heaviest human baby in Aversa, Italy. Her son weighed 22 pounds and 8 ounces.
- Women who are expecting a boy may experience nausea more easily.
- Mother-daughter bonds are the strongest of all parent-child interactions when it comes to how their brains handle emotion.
- According to a study, the strong bond between mother and son gives him a sense of security and confidence.
How to Celebrate National Day of Lazy Mom
Here are a few ways you can make this national day memorable.
What to Do on Lazy Mom Day (Children’s Version)
You might wonder how to celebrate lazy mom’s day as a daughter or son. Well, let me give you a few tips.
Be sure you don’t celebrate this day like your mother. In fact, be extra active and take things into your hands.
Perhaps it is their lounge chair and book day. Take charge of cleaning for the day. Help your mom celebrate this holiday.
Give her a soothing massage. Do all the essential chores from house to pets. Balance out the grass. Clean away the dishes.
Do the laundry. The list continues, as one cannot simply count what our moms do for us.
Let her sit back and enjoy her day off from everything else. The lady who does this all for us unconditionally deserves a day to relax and see her children making efforts for her.
What to Do on Lazy Mom Day (Mom Version)
If you are seeking ideas on celebrating your day off, AKA national day of lazy moms. Here are some cozy and relaxing ideas for you from us:
1. Do Absolutely Nothing:
This is the primary element of Lazy Mom’s Day. You MUST loosen up. Keep yourself relaxed and lazy. Do not do any chores.
Just take the day off and assign any required cleanup to the other house residents. Order food from your favorite restaurant and relish a clean-up-free day.
2. Finish that Unfinished Book:
In daily routine, one hardly gets time to balance chores and reading. No matter how attractive the book is, as a mom, you always prefer finishing the next task rather than a book.
So here is your chance. Celebrate national mom day by relaxing and reading your favorite book.
3. Nation Lazy Mom Day Cum a Spa Day:
Celebrating this day with a soothing spa day is a perfect idea. A spa day is not only intended to improve your appearance or relieve pain, but it also helps you relax.
In fact, several spa treatments can help relieve stress and anxiety. Any treatment, whether a facial, body massage, body wrap, or even a manicure, would help her relax.
4. A Long Hot Bath and Nap = BINGO COMBINATION!
Taking a nap after a long relaxing long hot bath sounds like heaven.
Taking a day off from your routine and treating yourself with this bingo combination is a great way to commemorate he day, as hot water helps us to get calm and fall asleep peacefully.
When a body enters a warm bath, the hot water raises body temperature while relaxing the muscles.
Both our physical and mental health improves when our muscles are relaxed. A nap after this doubles the pleasure.
5. Lay Your Eyes on the TV!
When you get engaged with your favorite show or movie, it creates a feeling of pleasure. Activity such as binge-watching makes your brain generates dopamine.
So, how about laying down on a couch with scrumptious snacks and watching your favorite TV show the whole day long?
This is another great way of dedicating national lazy mom’s day to yourself.
Some Reasons to Love Your Mom
We have an invincible and irreplaceable love and affection relationship with them.
There are uncountable reasons to love them. A few of them are:
- Moms love us unconditionally.
- They accept us for who we are.
- Their patience is limitless when it comes to children.
- They make lots of sacrifices.
- Every time we are depressed, our mothers work hard to lift our spirits.
- They strive to be our guiding light.
- Moms always listen to us, even our most boring stories, and suggest to us the best.
- They offer a shoulder to cry on FOREVER!
- They know us inside out.
- They always want the best for you.
- In short, moms are our best friends.
It is a special day that allows us to appreciate and celebrate the hard work and dedication of all the mothers out there.
Moreover, it is an opportunity when moms can take a well-deserved break from their daily responsibilities and relax and do the things they love.
Whether you are a mom or a child, there are many ways to celebrate this day and make it special for the most important woman in your life.
So let’s make this year’s National Lazy Mom’s Day memorable by showing our love, appreciation, and gratitude to all the wonderful moms out there!
“Mothers are walking miracles,” so let’s care for them.
Dates for National Lazy Mom Day