National Hot Sauce Day is a beautiful holiday celebrating one of the tastiest condiments on earth, and you’re invited to join.
If you want to rock your celebration, there’s no better way than by putting together a line-up of 5 hot sauces (if you can handle it).
But before you head out to your favorite hot sauce store and load up on your favorite sauce, there are some things about it you’ll need to know.
What is National Hot Sauce Day?
National Hot Sauce Day on January 22, is a day to celebrate all things spicy! It is a day honoring all types of hot sauces, from the traditional to the hottest you can find.
Interesting Facts About Hot Sauce
To help you get in the mood for this Day, we’ve collected some interesting facts about the hot sauce that we think will make you appreciate it even more than before.
- There are over 70 varieties of hot sauce available worldwide!
- Several types of peppers make up the ingredients found in most hot sauces.
- Red peppers are the most commonly used pepper because they have high capsaicinoids.
- Some people believe that among the first European explorers to consume chilies was Christopher Columbus.
- Some people believe spicy foods can help you lose weight because they suppress your appetite and increase your metabolism!
How to Celebrate National Day of Hot Sauce?
In honor of this day, here are my 5 ways to celebrate:
1. Try a New Hot Sauce
Hot sauces come in many different flavors, from spicy to sweet. If you’ve been using the same old bottle for years, try a new brand today and see if it adds some variety to your diet.
2. Eat Food with Your Favorite Hot Sauce
Spicy foods like salsa and Indian curries go great with hot sauces because they complement each other’s flavors while giving you a buzz in your taste buds.
3. Use Hot Sauce to Make a Recipe
Use the hot sauce as an ingredient in recipes instead of salt or pepper.
A teaspoon of hot sauce can add just enough kick without overwhelming other flavors in foods like tacos or chili.
4. Try a New Hot Sauce Flavor
The next time you’re in the mood for something spicy, try adding some hot sauce to your meal.
Many recipes online use hot sauce as an ingredient; from hot wings to chili, so there is no end to what you can cook up with this condiment.
And if you’re feeling adventurous, try making some of your hot sauce at home!
5. Do a Hot Sauce Taste Test
Have you ever tried comparing all the different salsa brands in your local grocery store? Then why not do the same thing with hot sauces?
Grab 5 or 6 other brands from different parts of the store (or online) and try them side by side. Then see which ones you like best!
Significance of the Day of Hot Sauces
You don’t need a reason to party on Hot Sauce Day, but if you’re looking for one, here are 5 good ones.
- It’s a great way to celebrate the culture of hot sauce.
- Chilies bring people together through their love of spicy food.
- The primary purpose of this Day is to inspire people to eat more spicy foods than usual, using their favorite brand of hot sauce for their favorite meals, such as burgers.
- It is also an excuse for those who love eating spicy foods but do not want to feel guilty about it because they think it will cause them harm if they overeat at one time.
- Some people enjoy eating spicy food regularly because they believe it has health benefits like reducing cancer risk or lowering blood pressure levels.
Hopefully, these facts will provide some hot sauce inspiration for your celebration. Even if you don’t have a celebration planned already, we recommend that you make one.
National Hot Sauce Day is much more significant than most people realize, and it is the perfect excuse for throwing a hot sauce celebration. You might find it to be delightful!
If you’re looking for some ways to honor this day, go out and buy a bottle of your favorite hot sauce, or even try making your own.