November 12th is National Happy Hour Day, and what better way to celebrate than with a free round of food? Many bars and restaurants offer discounted deals to encourage happy hour goers to stop by and check out their specials.
Usually, between 05:00 PM to 07:00 PM, we like to relax with our friends over a drink, a snack and socialize. It’s the ideal opportunity to meet with friends, relatives, or co-workers and spend quality time with them.
What’s more, the food in the Happy Hour menu is generally cheaper than its regular price. There are many local happy hours all over the country, so make sure you check if your area has a happy hour celebration.
When is the National Happy Hour Day?
National Happy Hour Day will be observed on November 12th, 2022.
A Brief History of National Happy Hour Day:
National Happy Hour Day is an annual day of celebration to promote the history and social importance of happy hours. The term “happy hour” has been popularized by the hospitality industry as a time for consumers to enjoy discounted prices on beverages and food.
However, the term “Happy Hour” was first used by the U.S.S. Arkansas way back in 1913 as a period of Entertainment. By the end of World War 1, it became popular among U.S. Navy.
In 1944, the practice of “Happy Hour” was spreading throughout the United States. It was a fantastic practice that allowed people to relax after a long day at work. The popularity grew so much that it has now become a well-known National Day.
6 Reasons why National Happy Hour Day is important?
- To begin, Happy Hour Day is an excellent chance for company owners to strengthen client connections while also increasing revenue.
- It also gives the employees a chance to meet new customers. Most importantly, it gives your employees the chance to bond and be together.
- It can give your restaurant or bar a better reputation as you are offering special discounts on food and drinks.
- You can give the restaurant and bar a better reputation by offering special discounts on food and drinks.
- Happy Hour Day is also great for local economies.
- Finally, when you offer discount prices, you create more jobs by increasing your restaurant’s revenue. It’s great for everyone: your business, your customers, your employees, and your environment.
For instance, if you plan to run a Happy Hour on November 12th, you need to prepare promotional materials. For that, you must have flyers and posters to boost your event.
Happy Hour Day Traditions:
- During happy hour, it’s best to wear red or green because these colors represent happiness.
- Happy Hour day is an opportunity to connect with others and build relationships. By sharing a drink or a meal, you are showing them their importance in your life.
- In some cities, this day is celebrated with a group of people having a round of drinks or food together. This is also known as a Happy Hour party.
- Since there are discounts on every meal and beverage, you must try the specialty of your local restaurant or order something that you don’t usually order.
How to celebrate National Happy Hour Day?
There are many ways you can celebrate National Happy Hour Day. Here are some ideas:
- Have a Happy Hour party for your employees. You can give them a free meal or have a free drink with the employees.
- Host a get-together at your place. On social media, use the hashtag #NationalHappyHourDay to invite your friends and family.
- As an owner, you can make a special day for your restaurant by having a special menu. This way, you can attract new customers who want to try out your restaurant and its food.
- If you want to be more creative, you can do a trivia contest related to food or beverages. Set a winning prize for the winner.
- Another idea is to make a photo booth at your restaurant and ask your customers to take pictures with you and your employees.
- You can also organize a happy hour event at your local pub. Your workers will be able to get to know one another better and create new friends due to this.
- Lastly, what better way to celebrate this day than by improving your business? You can give out flyers and posters to boost your event.
What is the primary purpose of this holiday?
Too many people think that this day is only about drinking and having fun. However, the real purpose of National Happy Hour Day is to spend quality time with your friends and family over a nice meal. It’s also an excellent time to meet new people and bond with them.
Finally, Happy Hour is an excellent way to give back to the community. Therefore, you should use your event as an opportunity to help the community and underprivileged people.
You can also consider doing community service. This way, you will be able to enhance the quality of life of others in this manner.
Undeniably, this day brings back so many special memories for all of us. It was initially observed in the United States, but now it is famous worldwide.
National Happy Hour Day is one of the best ways to create a better relationship with your customers. You can ensure that you interact with your clients regularly and grow your customer base by doing so.
I hope you have enjoyed the article. Tell us about your plans for this day in the comment section.
Cheers and have a memorable day!
Dates of National Happy Hour Day: