You’ve probably heard about National Hug Day by now. It’s a day when people celebrate love through hugs. But did you know there is also a National Girl Hug Boy Day?
It’s the perfect excuse to tell someone you care about them with a hug. It’s a time to put down your phone and embrace those around you!
Here are the reasons why we believe everyone should celebrate this day.
What is National Girl Hug Boy Day?
National Girl Hug Boy Day is observed on 11 January every year. This day is celebrated by all the girls who love to hug their boyfriends.
It’s a day to embrace your best friends and get a little closer to them. It is also an excellent way to show your appreciation for your boyfriend.
Reasons to Enjoy Girl Hug Boy Day
If you’re still unsure about this holiday, here are five reasons to celebrate the National Day of Girl Hug Boy.
- It’s a chance to be more affectionate with the people in your life.
- You can celebrate in style with some heart-shaped balloons and an extra-long hug from the most crucial person in your life.
- It’s a great excuse to show off your favorite outfit or accessory (even if it’s just a mint-flavored lip balm).
- You can use this day as an excuse to finally ask out the person you’ve been crushing on for years!
- Hugging is proven to improve moods and relieve stress, so go squeeze someone if they look like they could use one!
- And finally, hugging is just plain fun!
5 Fun Ways to Celebrate the National Day of Girl Hug Boy
We’ve got some ideas if you’re looking for a fun way to celebrate.
1. Give Someone a Hug
There is nothing like a hug to make you feel better. And if you are feeling down, then a hug will lift your spirits.
So why not give someone a hug today to celebrate Girl Hug Boy Day?
2. Buy Someone Flowers
Flowers are the perfect way to show someone they mean so much to you. You can buy them flowers or have someone else do it for you.
Either way, the person who receives them in their office or home will appreciate it!
3. Cook Something Special for Them
If your significant other has been working hard at work all week, it would be nice if you cooked them something special for dinner tonight on Girl Hug Boy Day!
It doesn’t have to be anything significant; something simple like spaghetti and meatballs will do the trick!
4. Send Them a Handwritten Card
This holiday is an opportunity to send a handwritten card to someone who means something special to you.
Whether they’re an old friend or someone who has been in your thoughts lately.
You might also want to read: National Letter Writing Day
5. Go on a Date (or Hang Out)
If you’re lucky enough to have someone special in your life, this is the perfect day to go on a date with them.
So it’s perfectly acceptable if you have a boyfriend or girlfriend and want to show them some love today!
Interesting Facts About Hugging
Cuddling is excellent for your health and can help you feel closer to your loved ones. Here are some other cool facts about this day:
- Hugging is a great way to increase oxytocin levels, the hormone of love and bonding. This hormone is responsible for feelings of attachment and trust, which are critical components of a healthy relationship.
- Hugging can lower stress hormones like cortisol, which is known to cause inflammation in the body.
- The hugging process has been shown to help us form new memories by influencing our brain activity positively.
Significance of Girl Hug Boy Day
If you’re looking for a reason to celebrate, here are 5 significances of Girl Hug Boy Day:
- It’s an excellent opportunity to express appreciation for your friends, classmates, coworkers, and family members.
- It’s also an opportunity for people from different cultures or backgrounds to learn from each other.
- The following signs of Girl Hug Boy Day are how meaningful friendships are for women.
- It is a day to celebrate our differences. In an age of social media where we are all trying to be the same, this day reminds us that we should embrace our uniqueness and celebrate it!
- It is an excellent opportunity for boys who might not usually get many hugs from their friends or family members.
As a holiday for couples and lovers, the date is ideal for sharing affection with your significant other or loved one.
It is also an opportunity for individuals to let their friends know of their appreciation.
National Girl Hug Boy Day is not just about the romantics in life but the friendships that exist because of it.
Everyone should appreciate the close relationships that make up our lives, as, without them, we are missing some of the better things in life.