Even though French toast contains high saturated fat, 25% of Americans choose it as their morning breakfast.
Since people love French toast so much, they decided that a whole day should be dedicated solely to it.
For this reason, they came up with the National French Toast Day. Keep reading to know more about this interesting day!
When is National French Toast Day?
On November 28, people worldwide decided to celebrate National French Toast Day. So, if you love French toast and want to give it credit for the yummy daily breakfast, you should also celebrate this day.
The history of French Toast Day is quite limited as we have no idea when, how, or where it began. However, we can still make a good guess about it.
For example, it might be possible that a group of friends liked the French toast so much that they decided to dedicate a whole day to it.
Besides this, it is also possible that a certain family used to have French toast specifically on November 28.
When others saw the family tradition, they might have decided to follow it too.
So, it is possible that the idea gained popularity from there and spread worldwide.
8 Interesting Facts about French Toast
On French Toast Day, let’s look at some fun facts regarding this delicious treat.
- In Scotland, French toast is served with sausage between 2 slices of bread in their traditional style. People love to eat this combo as a sandwich.
- French toast is also eaten with ketchup. While some people may find it weird, it is indeed a fact!
- Stale bread is preferred for French toast as it absorbs the eggs before the mixture is fried.
- French toast is also known as eggy toast, German toast, and poor knights of Windsor.
- The origin of French toast can be traced to a recipe from 300 or 400 A.D since it is a food eaten by the early Romans.
- Even though French toast is primarily a breakfast dish, it is also served as a dessert.
- You will be surprised to know that French toast got its name accidentally. Joseph French wanted to name this dish French’s toast, but he forgot to add ‘apostrophe and s.’ Since then, it has become French toast.
- French toast has more than 40 recipes that will make your day. Including Challah French toast, hot chocolate French toast, cornflakes French toast, and many more.
Fun Ways to Celebrate French Toast Day
Here are a few ways you can celebrate the National Day of French Toast.
Make French Toast for Breakfast
You can celebrate this day by making French toast in your kitchen and enjoying it with your favorite people.
Post French Toast Day on Social Media
Once you have prepared your French toast, you can take its aesthetic picture and post it on all your social media accounts with the hashtag #NationalFrenchToastDay.
You can go to the restaurants celebrating National French Toast day and offering discounts.
This way, you will not only get a discount on French toast but also get to enjoy the perfect meal.
Share your Meal
You can also share your French toast with your loved ones, best friends, or teachers.
Besides this, you can make dozens of French toast at your home for the ones who can’t afford it.
Share Your French Toast Recipe
Do you make mouthwatering French toast? If yes, you can share your unique recipe with friends or post a video of you making the French toast on social media.
You can also try different French toast recipes and make everyone else try these new flavors.
Participate in French Toast Making Competitions
Do you think you make the best French toast in the world? If yes, you must not sit at home and participate in a French toast-making competition.
However, you must remember that it’s not just about winning but the spirit of participating too.
Reasons to Love the National Day of French Toast
Some primary reasons to love National day of French Toast are stated below for you to check out.
- Your love and bonding increase when you share your homemade French toast with others.
- When you share your recipe with different people, others may also celebrate and share their unique style of French toast recipe with you. Who knows, you might enjoy it even more than your own.
- When you are out at a café to avail of discounts on the French toast day, you might meet some new people and bond with them.
- You can get a chance to try some unique flavors of French toast, such as banana oat, skinny cinnamon roll, coconut cream pie, and blueberry French toast.
If you have not celebrated National French Toast Day, you are definitely missing something great.
So, mark your calendar for November 28 this year and enjoy all the perks of celebrating this day.
For example, you can make new friends, gain recognition on social media, and whatnot!
Dates of French Toast Day