Who doesn’t love Fast Food? It has become a modern-day staple, with most people consuming it at least once a day. With the popularity of fast food in our country, it’s no surprise that there are many national days dedicated to it.
The one we’re talking about today is National Fast Food Day which is observed on November 16th every year. It’s a day to celebrate the deliciousness of food and its convenient options. If you need to eat on the run, it is your best bet.
When is the National Fast-Food Day?
National Fast Food Day will be observed on November 16th, 2022.
National Fast Food Day History:
White Castle, established by Billy Ingram and Walter Anderson in Wichita, Kansas, was the first fast-food restaurant to operate in 1921. The concept was simple; provide customers with a menu that required little time to cook and provide them with speedy service to get their food quickly at a reasonable price.
In the same year, the concept of Drive-In was introduced by Pig Stand in Dallas, Texas. However, it was not that efficient due to the fact that people had to wait hours to receive their hamburgers.
McDonald’s brothers were responsible for the next big revolution in the fast-food industry by introducing the Assembly Line function in 1948. Consequently, it increased the efficiency of Drive-In by reducing the order delivery time to less than a minute!!!
For instance, a customer could get their order of a Big Mac or Filet-o-Fish meal from the drive-in window in less than 2 minutes!
Since then, there have been several revolutions in this industry to make it more efficient, standardized, and healthy. For decades, fast-food franchises such as McDonald’s, Burger King, Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, Subway, and Domino’s Pizza have dominated the food business.
9 Tips for a Healthy Fast Food Meal Plan:
A healthy fast food meal plan is one of the best ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle. As busy
professionals, it isn’t easy to find time for grocery shopping, cooking, and cleaning. This food offers a convenient solution that doesn’t have to sacrifice your health.
1. Avoid processed meats:
Processed meats are high in sodium and preservatives that can be harmful to your heart health.
2. Choose whole grains instead of white bread:
White bread is high in sugar and often lacks the nutrients found in whole grains.
3. Opt for low-fat Dairy products:
Dairy products are high in fat and cholesterol, leading to obesity and other chronic diseases like diabetes.
4. Beware of extremely salty foods:
Sodium is a primary ingredient in processed meats and salty foods that may contribute to hypertension and heart disease.
5. Don’t go overboard with fried foods:
Fried foods are loaded with saturated fats that can increase cholesterol levels. Choose fried foods sparingly or eat healthier options like deep-fried fish, baked potatoes, and steamed vegetables.
6. Opt for salads:
Salads are loaded with fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins that help control your appetite and provide your body with essential nutrients.
7. Avoid sugar-sweetened drinks:
The artificial sweeteners used in these drinks can be harmful to your health. Meanwhile, sodas are also loaded with sugar and sodium. Avoiding these beverages can help you stay away from obesity and diabetes.
8. Avoid high-fat sauces and dressings:
These are high in calories and sodium, which can be harmful to your heart.
9. Avoid overeating at one sitting:
It is essential to balance your meal plan. Do not consume too much food in one sitting.
3 Best Fast Food Restaurants in America:
Below are the top 10 fast-food restaurants in America based on the number of locations.
With over 39,000 restaurants, it is the world’s largest restaurant chain that serves and generated revenue of over 7.5 Billion Dollars in the US alone.
Previously, McDonald’s was not known for its healthy options. However, now it has a variety of healthier options, including salads and sandwiches with a minimum of 250 calories in an entire meal. It also has options for Vegetarian People.
Subway is one of the most popular fast-food restaurants in the United States and has more than 44000 locations worldwide. It is known for its sub sandwiches and low-fat grilled chicken.
Kentucky Fried Chicken is another famous restaurant that generates over 2.1 Billion dollars in revenue annually. However, this food chain is famous for its Original Recipe Chicken, which includes white meat, dark meat chicken, and traditional recipes such as fried chicken and mashed potatoes.
In brief, there are other big brands like Burger King, Chick-Fil-A, Domino’s Pizza which are not small in stature by any means. The concept of fast food has transformed many ways since it was first introduced. It is no wonder that these chains are so successful and continue to dominate the food industry.
Fun Facts about Fast-Food:
Here are some fascinating facts about Fast-Food.
- There are more than 196,000 fast-food restaurants in the US alone.
- More than 35% of Adults consume this food at least once every day.
- McDonald’s is also the world’s leading toy distributor.
- In a Marketing Advertisement Campaign, McDonald’s said that their Big Mac can sit around for 12 years without any decay. This caused a shock wave on Social Media about the unhealthiness of the food, later McDonald’s came up with a statement of what they exactly meant.
- According to Fast Food Nation, 1 out of every 8 Americans has worked at McDonald’s.
How to Celebrate National Fast-Food Day:
We all know that we should be aware of what we eat. However, it is important to celebrate this day with joy and not guilt. Here are some suggestions on how to observe National Fast-Food Day:
- In order to celebrate this day, it is imperative to visit a fast-food restaurant to experience a unique taste.
- For that, use #NationalFastFoodDay on Social Media and plan a lunch or dinner with your friends.
- Enjoy a meal at home: Enjoy your favorite meal at home and share it with your family and friends.
- Watch videos about fast-food chains: Many documentaries are available online. Watching these documentaries will allow you to learn about fast food and its history.
- Watch the movie “Super Size Me”: This movie shows the impact of this food industry on the overall health of Americans.
- Share your funny memes and jokes about your food experience. It will help spread awareness about this day and bring smiles to the faces of all people.
Evidently, this day is not only about unhealthy food but also about good food. In fact, National Fast-Food Day is not just about a day; it is a day to spread awareness about healthy eating and living.
So have a great day, eat healthily and stay fit. Cheers!
Dates of National Fast Food Day: