Apple comes in thousands of various types, but only one kind pops up in our mind when we talk about the most delicious apple. That’s right, the Red Apple.
Every year on December 1st, National Eat a Red Apple Day is marked. It is a no-brainer that “An apple a day, keeps a Doctor Away”. Therefore, it is no surprise that apples are available in almost every grocery store and farmers’ market across the United States.
And the most delicious part is that they are available throughout the year in all seasons! That’s right; we can enjoy it during winter or summer.
When is the National Eat A Red Apple Day?
On December 1st, 2022.
Fun Facts about Red Apples:
There are many fascinating facts about our favorite fruit, such as
- There are more than 2.5k varieties of our delicious fruit in the US alone.
- Many people in the US still have the hobby of picking apples by hand from trees.
- Three dozen apples are being used to brew a gallon of Apple Cider.
- The life of an Apple Tree ranges from 50 to 80 years.
- Some apples contain around 25% air in their total volume.
Health Benefits of Red Apple:
I have to write another article to discuss all the benefits of eating Red Apple, as there are so many. But some of the most important ones are mentioned below:
- It can protect you from diseases due to Vitamin C, an antioxidant that fights off bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- It can improve your eye health.
- It can be used for weight loss: Apples boost metabolism and reduce appetite. Also, they have low-calorie content.
- It is suitable for oral health: Apples have anti-bacterial properties that help prevent plaque and teeth whitening.
- It is good for your heart: They contain many nutrients and fiber that help lower blood cholesterol. Also, they are high in potassium, phosphorus, calcium, and Vitamin E, which all play a role in improving your blood pressure.
How to Celebrate this Day:
There are many ways to celebrate this day, but remember the most important thing is that you need to eat a Red Apple. Here are some of my suggestions:
1. Make a pie:
This is the best way to enjoy this day. A pie can be made using a mixture of red and green apples. Or you can use all the red ones for a more delicious Apple Pie.
Use #NationalEatARedAppleDay on Social Media and invite your friends and family. You can enjoy the dish together and share your recipe.
2. Make a smoothie:
Start your day with a smoothie made from the fresh Red Apple.
3. Add it to muffin:
Instead of making a traditional cake for breakfast, try baking a muffin. Put a small piece of apple in the center of each muffin and enjoy.
But remember to add some butter and sugar to it to get the full taste and flavor.
4. Enjoy it with some ice cream:
Red Apples go well with any ice cream. I suggest you try the vanilla ice cream topped with chopped apples.
5. Apples and Cheese:
Cheese is another great combination. Just put sliced apples on top of some blue cheese, and drizzle some olive oil over them. This will make a delicious appetizer or a side dish for dinner.
6. Make your own homemade apple cider:
There are several methods to make homemade apple cider. You may use a pressure cooker or a stovetop to make this dish. If you have a stovetop, you will need about 3 pounds of apples and 1 gallon of water.
Comparison between Red Apple and Green Apple:
There are some differences between these two, and here you can look at them
Green Apple has a strong acidic taste and is usually eaten with a sweet dessert like ice cream. On the other hand, Red Apple has a milder, sweeter, and mellower taste.
The green apple is usually smaller than the red apple. It’s about 1 inch in diameter. In contrast, the red one ranges from 2.5 to 3.5 inches.
The green one is long and thin while the latter is round.
Green Apple is more nutritious than Green Apple. It contains more Vitamin C, E, A, B, and other nutrients than Red Apple.
Red Apples have less tart as compared to Green ones.
Red Delicious is the second most common variety of apples in the US. They have a smooth, sweet, juicy flavor and a high yield.
They are easy to grow and pick. This variety is also considered the primary source of apple juice and apple sauce. Also, they are very affordable.
The National Eat a Red Apple Day is all about eating apples and celebrating them. They are pretty popular, and several studies have demonstrated their health advantages.
Moreover, they are known for being healthier than many other fruits. So, on this occasion, I urge you to eat one and have fun with it.
Cheers and have a healthy day!
Dates of National Eat a Red Apple Day: