Everyone is fond of hot Cocoa or hot chocolate milk, where cocoa powder is the main ingredient.
People around the globe observe National Cocoa Day yearly to enhance the taste of hot Cocoa.
There is a bit of confusion that America has created between the 2 items. Hot Cocoa is the mixture of cocoa powder, sugar, and heated milk.
In contrast, hot chocolate is a mixture of ground chocolate and cocoa butter.
Besides this, both are almost the same. This blog will discuss the benefits, facts, and how to celebrate this day. Without further ado, let’s dive into it.
When is National Cocoa Day?
National Cocoa Day is celebrated on December 13. The purpose of this day is to enjoy the taste of Cocoa, which we often miss in our busy life schedule.
Cocoa powder is well-famous around the globe. People use Cocoa in different kinds of cake recipes and a lot of other food items.
8 Benefits of Cocoa
There are many benefits of Cocoa. Let’s read them, respectively.
- It gives your immune system a boost. It contains zinc, iron, and selenium, which help your body in immunity.
- It can lower the risk of heart attack and also slow down high blood pressure in your body.
- Cocoa can provide you with energy and rejuvenate your body. Also, it helps in fat metabolism. Thus, this might be helpful if you are on a weight loss journey.
- Polyphenols are found in Cocoa, which improves your blood flow and makes your brain healthier.
- According to a study, chocolate reduces stress, especially for pregnant women.
- If your body has gone through radiation therapy because of cancer, selenium in Cocoa withstands the effects of this radiation.
- It can make your mood refreshing and reduce depression.
- If you have wounds on your body, consuming chocolates made up of Cocoa helps in healing wounds.
Fun Ideas to Enjoy Cocoa Day
There are several ways you can celebrate the National Day of Cocoa. Let’s discuss them.
Make Hot Cocoa at Home
The best way to celebrate this day is to make yourself a hot cup of Cocoa, which can refine your mood and helps you get stress-free.
You can make it more exciting by adding some whipped cream on top.
You can also invite friends at home for refreshment and serve them hot Cocoa with some snacks; it can make the day memorable and enjoyable.
All you need is milk or water with cocoa powder. It is just that simple to make at home.
Try Cocoa Bombs
You can make cocoa bombs at home; it’s one of the best and most unique ways to observe this day.
To make this home, you’ll need sprinkles, marshmallows, hot chocolate, and chocolate chips. You can enjoy yourself with friends, kids, and other people.
Make Different Recipes
There are different recipes such as Frozen Hot Chocolate, Spanish Hot chocolate, El Submarino, and Keto chocolate, which you can try making at home with cocoa powder.
On National Cocoa Day, it will be a great time for you to try testing these recipes at home.
Social Media Post
You can make a social post by sharing your favorite cocoa powder recipe with your acquaintances.
It can also help in making delicious cocoa powder desserts. With this, you can also create awareness about this day.
Applaud the Cocoa Makers
You can pay gestures to the chocolate industries, cocoa powder factors, etc., for this nutritious making this day possible.
10 Interesting Facts About Cocoa
Here are some of the fantastic facts about Cocoa:
- The cocoa beans are not actually “beans”; they are the seeds of the Theobroma Cocoa Tree.
- Cacao and Cocoa are two different phrases. Cacao is made from Cocoa, and Cocoa is the name of a bean.
- Most of the Cocoa is found in West Africa. From 2018 to 2019, there was 4.8 million ton of Cocoa produced. Also, West Africa produces 70% of the global Cocoa.
- People in America consume more than 2.8 billion pounds of chocolate every year.
- According to a report, chocolate has become a $130 billion industry, which relies on Cocoa as its main ingredient.
- It is reported that cocoa farmers earn less than $1 a day.
- Nacional Cocoa is the rarest type of this bean. It was discovered in Peru in 2011. Amedei Porcelana is also some of the rarest cocoas found on Earth.
- 100 grams of chocolate every day can reduce the risk of heart disease.
- The first hot chocolate milk was created by Maya approximately 2500 years ago.
- Before the 19th Century, hot chocolate was the cure for lung and stomach diseases.
We celebrate National Cocoa Day on December 13 to recognize the importance and taste the variety of desserts made from this ingredient.
In the above article, we have discussed the health benefits of consuming Cocoa and some shocking facts.
You can celebrate this day by posting on social media using #CocoaDay, making different desserts, and having a snack with your friends.