National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day 2023
Chocolate-Covered Cherry is, without a doubt, one of our favorite sweet treats. The sweet taste of the Chocolate, coupled with the tartness of the fruit, tends to make for the ideal dessert or multi-snack.
This is one of the most loved forms of cherries. These chocolate-infused cherries rule the hearts of many. The coating of Chocolate on juicy cherries gives out a unique and outstanding flavor.
As this sweet treat is in high demand, a special day has been declared as National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day.
Without further delay, let’s dig into some mouthwatering details:
When is National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day 2023:
Each year, National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day is celebrated in the USA and all across the globe on the 3rd of January.
Americans’ love for Cherries is unmatched, especially regarding Chocolate Covered Cherry.
Fun facts about Cherries
Let’s learn some fun facts about Cherries:
- 7,000 cherries are normally seen on a cherry tree. 28 pies can be made with cherries from one tree. (Or a few of our preferred cherry desserts!)
- No fruit is produced by Japanese cherry blossom trees. Cherry trees may not always grow cherries, despite their name. The majority are aesthetic trees, not fruit-bearing trees.
- In the past, Door County ranked first in the nation for cherry production. With a little more than 1 million cherry trees, it generated 95% of the tart cherries for the country in the 1950s.
- Do you think you can spit a cherry pit? There’s a place where you can demonstrate it. Each year, the International Cherry Pit-Spitting Championship is held in Eau Claire, Michigan, known as the Cherry Pit Spitting Capital of the World.
- In 7 seconds, a cherry tree could be cultivated. The lengthy process of hand-picking cherries now takes only seven seconds per tree due to the development of mechanical tree shakers.
How to Celebrate Chocolate-Covered Cherry Day?
Here are some captivating ideas to celebrate this day:
Share With Loved-Ones:
Happiness doubles when shared with others; for many of us, Chocolate Covered Cherry are a light source of happiness.
So, get or make a sweet platter of Chocolate Covered Cherry and give it to someone you love or care about. It can be your family, friends, or even colleagues.
This will make them happy, and you, too, will feel the spirit of this delicious day. This is a
thoughtful idea! You can always tag a handwritten note to add more love to this.
Visit a Farm, Pluck, and Gather Some Cherries
Well, this is a cool idea. Consider visiting a cherry farm on the day dedicated to Chocolate Covered Cherry.
Whether you go alone or with someone you like to be with you, leave early in the morning. Discover everything there is to know about Cherries.
Do not miss to bring a basket. It can be used to collect fresh cherries.
When you get home, wash the Cherries and attempt to make some delectable Chocolate Covered Cherry on your own.
A Peaceful Restaurant and Chocolate-Covered Cherry:
This one is our favorite way. To celebrate the National Day of Chocolate Cherry, you can visit your favorite place that serves the best-chocolate Covered Cherry. You can
Dine in with your friends/family, or you can take your favorite playlist along. Chocolate Covered Cherry and music make a bingo combination.
You can get a cozy corner, order a Chocolate Covered Cherry platter, close your eyes, plug in your earphones, enjoy the music and treat yourself to some yummy Chocolate Covered Cherry.
This is wonderful and comfortable to spend this national day. What do you think? Are there already some restaurants running in your mind?
You might also love to read about other similar events:
- National Cherry Day 2023 – How to Celebrate It?
- Reasons to Love National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day
Benefits of Cherries:
Have a look at some of the benefits of Cherries:
- Inflammation is not a new phenomenon, and it affects many of us! Cherries can reduce nitrous oxide levels as well as pro-inflammatory aspects significantly.
- Cherry’s potential to decrease cholesterol is one of its many therapeutic properties. They have been shown to decrease bad cholesterol levels and raise triglyceride to HDL (fine) cholesterol percentages in individuals.
- Who doesn’t want to improve their memory power? Several studies have found a link between both cherry consumption and enhanced memory and brain function in individuals with dementia.
- The anti-inflammatory attributes of cherries that reduce gout illnesses also reduce symptoms of other arthritis.
- The cherries will aid in producing the emotional state hormone levels serotonin and noradrenaline in your brain.
- They are also packed with potassium, a mineral that aids avoid and treat blood pressure problems.
Mark the date; January 3, 2022. It’s the National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day!
How good does it feel to know that Chocolate Covered Cherries are good for our taste buds and even well-being?
Enjoy your day; we are sure our ideas will work just as a cherry on top! Have a CHEERFUL Chocolatey Cherry-Ish Day!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1: How many calories are in Chocolate covered cherries?
0.25 cup Chocolate Covered Cherries have 26g total carbs, 24g net carbs, 7g fat, 2g protein, and 180 calories.
Q2: How many types of cherries are there?
While they are frequently labeled “cherries” at the supermarket, the United States grows over 1,000 varieties! Each variety has a distinct sweet or tart flavor, making some ideal for snacking and others ideal for pie and other sugary treats.
Q3: How old are Chocolate covered cherries?
Chocolate-covered cherries, also identified as cherry cordials, date back to the 1700s in eastern France.
Q4: How long do chocolate-covered cherries keep in the refrigerator?
Preparing chocolate-covered cherries nearer to the time you intend to consume them is ideal. They will keep fresh in the refrigerator for approximately two days if kept in a sealed container.