When someone says Apples, there are 4 things that come to our mind: Newton (HAHA!), Healthy, extreme deliciousness, and, of course, the divine caramelized apples.
This is one of the most loved forms of apples. These caramel-infused apples rule the hearts of many. The coating of caramel on juicy apples gives out a unique and outstanding flavor.
As this sweet treat is high in demand, there is a special day declared as the National Caramelized Day.
When is National Caramelized Apple Day 2022:
Each year the National Caramelized Apple Day is celebrated globally on the 31st of October. The purpose is to appreciate and enjoy this lovely treat.
6 Health Benefits of Apples:
Apple has a great impact on our well-being (no matter whether they are in original form or caramelized). Let’s see what good apples have stored for us:
- You’ve certainly heard that fiber aids digestive health. The fiber of both kinds (insoluble and soluble, implying it cannot be soaked up in water) is necessary for metabolism. Both types of fibers are present in apples.
- Apples could be a valuable addition to your immune-boosting arsenal. Apples are thought to boost the body’s immune system. They consist of immune-boosting vitamin C.
- If you have diabetes, you should include apples in your eating plan. In this case, the soluble fiber in apples could indeed aid in lowering the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream, potentially improving blood sugar levels.
- While there is no guaranteed way to avoid cancer, apples may have an impact. According to an investigation, apples have a strong level of antioxidants, which have been found in scientific research to restrict cancer cell development.
- A fruit (and vegetable)-rich diet can assist you in maintaining a healthy weight or losing weight. There are only less than 100 calories in a standard-size apple. You would like to keep apples handy when you’re craving something sugary.
- According to studies, consuming apples on a routine basis is connected with a 52% lower stroke chance.
The Types of Candy/Caramel Apples:
There are 3 types of Toffee Apples, Have a look:
Caramel apples are referred to as “taffy apples” when additional additives such as peanuts are added.
This type has two more sub-types which are: chocolate-dipped caramel apples and chocolate-coated apples (excluding caramel).
This form of candy apple is marketed in New York’s Coney Island. It has a layer of jelly and caramel (yum!)
Caramelized Apples History
Caramel apples first emerged in the 1950s. Dan Walker, the founder, was a salesperson for Kraft Foods.
Kraft Foods, which also sold little packaged caramels, still prints the toffee apple ingredients on the back of their caramel pouches.
Vito Raimondi developed and licensed the very first caramel apple machine in 1960, with the assistance of his uncle William Raimondi.
Americans have transformed the recipe with various variations. They turn massive apples and cover them with sugary stuff like candy syrup, caramel, chocolate, mixed nuts, popcorn, and whatnot.
Interesting Ideas to Celebrate Caramelized Apple Day:
Here are some captivating ideas to celebrate the National Day of Caramelized Apple.
Restaurant, A Book, and Caramelized Apples:
To celebrate this day, you can visit your favorite place that serves the best-caramelized apples.
You can dine in with your friends/family or take your favorite book along. Caramelized apples and a good book make a bingo combination.
You can get a cozy corner, order a caramelized apple platter, lay your eyes on your book and treat yourself to some yummy caramelized apples. This is wonderful and comfortable to spend this national day.
Here are some recommended caramelized apple places:
- Magnolia Bakery West Village
- California Caramel Company
- Delicious Orchards
- Mrs.Prindables Gourmet Caramel Apples
- Seaport Fudge Factory Inc.
Visit a Farm:
Well, this is a super fun idea… On this National Caramelized Apple Day, consider visiting an apple farm.
Leave early in the morning, whether alone or with someone you would like to have around. Explore everything about the apples there.
This way, you will experience the whole process, from fetching apples to turning them into caramelized ones. Such a wholesome way to commemorate this day!
Share Caramelized Apple Day with Friends:
Happiness doubles when shared with others; for many of us, caramelized apples are a light source of happiness.
So, get or make a sweet and nice basket or a platter of caramelized apples and give it to someone you love or care about. It can be your family, friends, or even colleagues.
This will make them happy, and you, too, will feel the spirit of this delicious day. This is definitely a thoughtful idea!
Mark the date; The 31st of October. It’s the National Caramelized Apple Day! How good does it feel to know that caramelized apples are good for our taste buds and immune systems?
Enjoy your day; we are sure our ideas will work just as a cherry on top! Happy caramelized Apple-ing!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How many carbs is a caramel apple?
Caramel Apples (0.5 apples) contain 14g of total carbs, 12g of net carbs, 5g of fat, 3g of protein, and 110 calories.
Q2: Is it safe for a person with diabetes to eat a caramel apple?
Even though apples and other fruits contain sugars and carbs, eating them is not an issue for individuals with type 1 or 2 diabetes.