National Brownie Day is an unofficial event celebrated each year on December 8th. They are a great snack to have in your pantry or freezer for when you have a sweet craving. This is the Day to rejoice if you love chocolates.
They are not just a treat; they are a dessert with a difference. You do not need to be a specialized chef to make them. Anyone can make these since they are so simple to make. They are perfect after any party or occasion.
When is the National Brownie Day?
National Brownie Day will be celebrated on December 8th, 2021.
Historical Background National Brownie Day:
The origin of this lovely dessert is a source of much debate. Some say that the original brownie was invented in England in the 19th century as a sweet snack for working women. Others contend that the term was originated in Scotland as a type of cake.
We don’t know when the first one came about. But brownies have been quite famous worldwide since the 1900s. The recipe of “Bangor Brownie” in Lowey’s Cook Book received Worldwide appreciation.
Reasons to love this Day:
Here are some of the reasons why you should love this wonderful treat.
- They are one of the most versatile sweets available.
- They are a great after-dinner treat, and you can eat them plain or topped with ice cream or whipped cream.
- The perfect size snack, you can have them at any time of the Day.
- They’re rich, moist and decadent due to chocolate.
- They are fun to make and an excellent option for people who don’t have time to prepare a full meal.
8 Delicious Brownies for this Day:
They are a decadent, fudgy dessert that is just as comforting as a hug from your mom. They can be made with any dessert mix, but we’ve compiled this list of 10 delicious, recipes for you to try:
1. Brownie Batter Pancakes:
These delicious pancakes are a must-try when you commemorate this Day! They will surely remind you of those childhood memories. You may eat them right out of the pan or serve them with ice cream.
2. Brownie Cupcakes:
These cupcakes are light, moist, and yummy! They are perfect with a bit of ice cream or whipped cream.
Moreover, they are great for kids who love sweet desserts!
3. Brownie Cheesecake:
This cake is made with a delicious combination of both of our favorite items. You will love it! It’s great for any occasion, whether you are celebrating this Day or not.
4. Chocolate Brownie Cookies:
If you are looking for a quick and easy dessert to make, then these cookies are the answer to your prayers. They are so delicious; you will want to make them again and again.
Brownie Bread Pudding: This is a perfect brunch recipe that is light and filling. It’s not heavy at all but rich in taste and texture. It is excellent served warm with ice cream or cold with whipped cream.
5. Brownie Muffins:
These muffins are made with only two ingredients- baking chocolate and butter. You may have them as a meal, a morning treat, or even a snack in the afternoon. They are so easy to make, it’s not hard to convince yourself to make them!
6. Brownies with Caramel Sauce:
They are made using chocolate cake mix and caramel sauce. They are so simple to make and very versatile. If you decide to make your own caramel sauce, you have to make it the night before.
7. Brownies with Ice Cream:
This dessert is the perfect choice for the hot days of summer. It’s great served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or cold with a bit of whipped cream on top.
8. Brownie Pie:
This pie is perfect for those who want to enjoy a slice of heaven. It is perfect for those who love a dessert that is decadent, sweet, and delicious.
10 Tips for Baking Great Brownies:
They are a rare and delicious confection. With these 10 simple tips, your treats will be perfect every time.
- Choose high-quality ingredients. This is the most crucial step that has to be done right!
- Use a double boiler (or use a candy/cookie sheet) to make sure they don’t burn.
- Don’t overfill your pan. You want the tops to be flat.
- Grease the baking dish well before filling it with this dessert batter.
- Cool them completely before slicing them into squares.
- Be generous with your frosting. It makes up for a lot of this dessert’s moisture.
- Don’t use a blender to beat in your frosting. This will cause your frosting to become a paste, which means it’ll be impossible to spread evenly and quickly.
- If you’re using a handheld mixer, let it cool down first.
- Try using chocolate chips instead of chunks for a less chunky.
- Ensure that they are stored in a sealed container.
- Don’t use a sharp knife when cutting these. This will cause them to break into pieces, which will ruin the perfect square shape.
- Don’t use a microwave oven to reheat them.
How to Celebrate this Day:
· Bake some of them:
Is there any other better way to commemorate this Day! If you want to do something fun, why not try making your own caramel sauce and top your treats with it. It tastes incredible, but if you are a beginner at making caramel, here is an easy recipe to get you started.
· Invite Some Family Over:
Do you have any friends who love to bake as much as you do? Why not invite them over for a baking session? They will definitely appreciate your gesture.
· Share them on social media:
You have to share your favorite dessert with your family and friends. So let’s start the trend of #NationalBrownieDay on Social Media and enjoy this Day together.
You can also post your own recipe on social media and let your loved ones try it.
· Visit the best Bakery:
If you search for a sweet treat, you can’t go wrong with a piece of delicious cake. Find a local bakery famous for baking these heaven slices, and see what they have for you.
· Have a Sale:
If you own a restaurant or Bakery, don’t forget to make a special sale just for this Day. This will give your guests a chance to celebrate this Day with you. You can also make up some fun giveaways to promote this Day.
In conclusion, if you are thinking of baking your first brownie, then National Brownie Day is perfect for giving it a try. There is nothing better than a warm brownie right out of the oven. It is also a great excuse to get together with friends and share these delicious treats.
This is all from my side. Let us know how you observed this Day in the comment section below. Do you like this article? If you do, please give it a THUMBS UP.
Cheers and have a wonderful day!
Dates of National Brownie Day: