Go Caroling Day – December 20, 2022
If you’re out looking for things to do today, Go Caroling Day is a great option. It’s a good idea where people to leave homemade holiday gifts throughout their neighborhood.
This can be a fantastic day where you have the opportunity to get out of the house, practice some music or singing skills and meet your neighbors.
Have you ever participated in Go Caroling Day? If not, it’s not too late. Here are some tips to help you get involved and sing Christmas carols.
When is Go Caroling Day 2022?
December 20 is Go Caroling Day. It is a Christmas tradition that dates back to the Middle Ages. It involves groups of people singing Christmas carols while going door-to-door.
Interesting facts about Caroling Day
The modern version of caroling can be traced back to the British and Irish traditions of wassailing.
It is an ancient custom that dates back hundreds of years and involves singing Christmas carols while drinking hot mulled cider or wassail.
Here are a few interesting facts about Caroling Day:
- The tradition dates back to the 13th century when Christians would go door-to-door to sing carols and spread holiday cheer.
- The tradition is believed to have originated in England and was brought over to America by English settlers.
- Caroling is typically done in groups and has become an essential part of many Christmas traditions worldwide.
- The English word “carol” comes from the French word “Carole,” meaning dance or song performed by dancing couples in circles or lines.
- In recent years, many cities have held “Caroling Tours,” where groups of singers canvass neighborhoods and sing outside private homes.
- The idea behind this day is simple: it’s fun, brings people together, and helps spread cheer around the neighborhood during the holidays!
Other Events in December:
- Day of Goodwill
- Pumpkin Pie Day
Caroling is one of the oldest and most beloved Christmas traditions.
Carols have been around for centuries, and many believe that caroling on Christmas started in 1223 at the church of St. Francis of Assisi.
In early December, Francis held a service where he asked his followers to sing songs from their hearts about God’s love and grace.
Over time, other communities adopted this tradition and began holding their caroling events on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.
Carolers would go door-to-door, singing holiday songs while collecting money to help low-income families during the holidays.
Importance of Caroling Day
In addition to being entertaining, Christmas caroling can also be beneficial to your health. Here are some reasons why:
- It’s a great way to remember people who are less fortunate than us.
- This day promotes caroling and encourages people to go caroling.
- The importance of caroling is that it’s a fun activity. It allows people to spend time with their family and friends while singing Christmas songs.
- They can also sing along with the radio or sing their favorite songs from other holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Independence Day.
- Moreover, it gives people an opportunity to get together with each other and spread good cheer and feelings of love during the holiday season.
- It is spreading good cheer that brings joy and happiness into our lives, which helps us feel more positive about ourselves, our lives, our families, and our communities.
Today’s carolers are doing it simply because they love it! They want to share Christmas’s joys with everyone they can find who will listen! It’s fun, it’s free, and it’s something that anyone can do!
5 Fun Ways To Celebrate the Day of Caroling
It’s time to dust off the old carols and prepare for Go Caroling Day! Here are some top ways to celebrate the holiday with your friends and family.
1. Go Caroling
It’s a classic activity that never gets old. Grab some friends, neighbors, or co-workers and start singing while going door-to-door.
Make sure you bring along some hot cocoa and cookies for your audience!
2. Host a Christmas Party
Christmas parties are great ways to celebrate the holiday season with family and friends.
Try hosting one of your own by inviting everyone over for food, drinks, games, and music.
You can even introduce tradition by playing holiday songs during breaks between games or when people mingle around the room.
3. Decorate Your Home
Add Christmas cheer to your living space by decorating it with colorful lights, wreaths, garlands, and more. Local stores like Target or Walmart can find all types of decorations.
Or, if you prefer DIY projects, make your decorations using items from around the house, like tin foil balls or pinecones wrapped in colorful paper strips.
4. Hang Out With Your Family or Friends
Caroling parties are all about creating memories together. This doesn’t mean you need to invite everyone from your address book!
Just ensure those who come will have fun and enjoy each other’s company.
5. Sing Your Favorite Christmas Songs
You don’t have to be an expert singer or even have a perfect pitch.
Sing along as best you can! It doesn’t matter if everyone has different singing styles; it only matters that everyone is having fun!
Go Caroling day is just another reason to spread good cheer, whether you’re one of the participants in your local parade or simply a spectator.
People enjoy hearing Christmas music on a crisp winter day, and they appreciate both the well-wishes and the donations that go along with going caroling in a public space.
This day allows you to celebrate the holiday season with others and yourself.
As long as you have a song in your heart, you’ll be part of the fun – so make sure to get out there and join in on the caroling!