The dragon is one of the most mythical creatures in Chinese culture. It has been depicted in many forms and features in traditional Chinese paintings, antiques, and tea ware.
If you want to know more about Appreciate a Dragon Day and why it is celebrated on this date, read this blog.
When is Appreciate a Dragon Day 2023?
Appreciate a Dragon Day is on January 16th of every year. It’s a fun way to celebrate one of the most beloved creatures in fantasy fiction, movies, and TV shows.
Dragons have always been famous in literature and art, but the dragon has never been more popular than it is today.
Significance of Dragon Appreciation Day
It is a day to endorse dragons and their contribution to the fantasy genre. Here a are few things you might not know about the holiday:
- Dragons can be found all over the world in different cultures and religions.
- The dragon is often used as a sign of good luck and prosperity due to its association with fortune and abundance.
- These are powerful creatures. They have been around for thousands of years, and many believe they can help with healing, protection, and success.
- Dragons are associated with the element of fire, which is also associated with passion and vitality.
- If you’ve ever seen a dragon in real life, you’ll know how amazing it is! But if you haven’t seen one yet, you should know that they are rare animals and most people only get to see them at special events!
Reason to Love Appreciation of Dragon Day
It’s a great time to show your kids that dragons are cool. Here are five reasons you should love this Day:
- In comics, they are fierce fighters but also have tender hearts. When they fall in love with humans, they protect them from harm at all costs, even if it means sacrificing their lives for theirs!
- The dragon is one of the most energetic figures in mythology because it represents strength, courage, wisdom, and beauty. It’s no surprise that people often seek out dragons to be their spirit animals!
- Dragons love to fly high above the clouds, where they can soar freely on the wind currents without being seen by those below them on earth. Their wings help them soar effortlessly through the air during their flight.
- These creatures eat meat and fish because they need lots of protein to stay strong and healthy.
Interesting Facts about Appreciate a Dragon Day
Appreciating A Dragon Day is the perfect opportunity to learn more about dragons. Here are 5 facts you may not have known about this mythical creature:
- Dragons originated in China but later spread to other parts of Asia and Europe.
- There are many different types of dragons, including Western European dragons with four legs and wings, while Chinese dragons have only two legs and no wings!
- Some scholars believe that dragons were once real animals that lived long ago, but people changed their appearance over time until they became the fantasy creatures we know today!
- People are encouraged to celebrate the holiday by learning more about dragons and appreciating their role in history and culture.
- The holiday was created to raise awareness of how often people underestimate the importance of dragons in our lives.
5 Fun Ways to Rejoice on Dragon Appreciation Day
So you thought about making your day as unique as possible, and we came up with some ideas for you. Here are 5 ways to celebrate this Day:
1. Watch Dragons: Race to the Edge
Since today is all about dragons, why not watch some of your favorite dragon shows?
The first season of Dragons: Race to the Edge was just added to Netflix, so now’s a great time to catch up on this fantastic show. It is certainly my favorite.
2. Read Dragonology
Dragon Language: Myth no More! This book is about dragon lore, from their history to how they live and breathe fire. It’s the perfect gift for any dragon lover in your life.
3. Do Something to Save Them from Extinction
Dragons risk becoming extinct due to their dwindling numbers and habitat loss.
There are many ways that humans can help save them from extinction, such as donating money or volunteering at an animal shelter or wildlife rehabilitation center.
4. Get Inspired By Dragons In Art!
If you’re looking for artistic inspiration, plenty of artists have captured their imaginations with dragons in their artwork!
5. Visit A Medieval Fair!
There are festivals worldwide celebrating different cultures and traditions from other times and historical places.
If you want to experience what it was like living during medieval times, visit a Renaissance Faire or similar event.
Did you know that a type of dragon called the Komodo dragon is still alive and listed as endangered, with 1400 adults remaining in the wild?
Dragons represent leadership, power, and authority. The Chinese believe each creature’s unit possesses specific strengths and abilities.
And what’s more, they said that people born in a year of a dragon were likely to be noble and strong and possess creative abilities.
We hope this helped you understand Appreciate a Dragon Day a little more.
If you are looking for a fun way to celebrate it, we encourage you to draw some random pictures of dragons and share them. You can use #DragonAppreciationDay to create awareness.